City of Richmond Hill
- Minimum 1.5m (5ft) set back from the property line
- Minimum 1.2m (4ft) set back from the house walls
- Pool enclosure fence height minimum of 1.2m (4ft) and maximum of 1.8m (6ft)
- Self closing and Self Latching fence gate
- Pool must be accessible from dwelling with child proofed doors/gates with lock located minimum of 1.5m (5ft) above the ground
- Minimum 0.6m (2ft) around the perimeter of the property to remain undisturbed
Site Alteration Grading Plan Requirements:
- Standard general notes for swimming pools.
- North arrow and drawing metric scale 1:200 or 1:250
- Consultant Certification stamp
- Proposed location information, this includes fence enclosure details
- Proposed grading information. Existing elevation, proposed elevation, and existing drainage patterns must be included.
- Property set backs
- Lot grading must be certified by a developer’s engineering consultant before a permit is issued to new subdivision home owners, contact your developer or builder about the lot grading status
- Digital pdf copy of the Site Grading Plan.
- Site Alteration Permit Application Form – please contact Patricia.Huke@richmondhill.ca or call (905)771-8800 ext. 6432
- Toronto and region conservation authority TRCA (if applicable)
- In Site Plan Control Areas of Richmond Hill, a Site Plan Amendment Form is needed.
- Tree Declaration Form or a Tree Removal Form (if applicable)
City of Richmond Hill Fees:
- $490 Site Alteration Permit Fee
- $450 + hst Landscape Inspection Fee
- $79 Pool Enclosure Fee
- $3,000 Pool Security Deposit
Golden Water Aquatics Engineering Fees $2500 (Homeowners are responsible for submission and city fees).
*Current grading plan is required, extra charges apply if not available.
*Not including any forestry reports and permits if needed.
*Not including Conservation Permits and approvals if applicable.